History of TAU
Tajik Agrarian University named after Shirinsho Shohtemur.
Integrated development of the productive forces of the Republic, an organization of large farms in the 20-th years strongly demanded training highly qualified personnel who have engineering, technical and agricultural knowledge necessary for future organizers of production.
Approximation problem of training given zonal distribution of branches of agriculture in the Central Asian republics have necessitated the creation of specialized schools, training staff on narrower specialties. It redefined education in 1931 at the Faculty of Agriculture, Central Asian State University horticultural institute with accommodation in the city of Khujand.
Creation of the first 13 specialized departments, 25 teachers who taught students and 336 students working faculty. In accordance with the prospects of agricultural industries is expanding training profile. In 1934 the Institute was reorganized and renamed the Tajik Agricultural Institute. In 1992, taking into account scientific and pedagogical potential of personnel in Agro-Industrial complex, the decision of Council of Ministers of Tajikistan on August 10, 1992 № 311, our university trains students for agriculture.
In order to improve the material and technical base and expand the training of specialists from all areas of the country and the rise of agriculture decision CPC Tajik USSR in 1944 , the Institute was transferred to the capital of the republic Stalinabad city (present Dushanbe city).
The first rector of the institute was an agronomist biologist Komili. Rector of the institute different years were Bulatov U.K., Rahmatzade, U.K. Kudryavtsev, Medvyedenko S.F., Polishuk O.Sh., Dolgopolov T.S., Rogozin A., Lapin F.Y.,GulmamedovM.G., Aliev G.A., Shukurov O.Sh., Yusufbekov G.A., Nasyrov Y.S., Tagaev J.S., Mirzoev D.M., I. Sattori.
Rahmatzade U.K and Aliyev G.A was twice rector of the institute. They made a great contribution to the strengthening of the material-technical base of the Institute and training faculty. Currently, the university rector is professor Salimov A.F.
Since the early days of the institute attracted to teaching young people capable of indigenous nationalities , such as Rahmatzade U.K., Saliboev H., Shakirov A.Sh., Yunusov M., Yusupov H., Khakimov A., Soliyev Sh., Halimov I., and others. In the country began to develop industries such as farming and sericulture. To meet the needs of these industries in 1943 was opened zootechnik office in 1944 - Faculty of sericulture. In addition, there are trained professionals evacuees (Leningrad, Kiev, Lvov, Chisinau, Voroshilovgradsky, Michurinsky) institutions.
During the Great Patriotic War, the institute was one of the military-patriotic education of youth centers. In these years, many students and teachers of the institute with arms to defend our country from invaders. Most of them will forever remain on the battlefields, performing their patriotic duty. Many of them were awarded government awards, returned to institute to continue their studies, teaching.
After the Great Patriotic War Republic committed itself to intensify agricultural industries by performing complex tasks in crop and livestock production through a variety of means of mechanization. Acquiredspecial urgency construction of water facilities and systems irrigation of cotton and other agricultural crops.
On the implementation of these measures will take considerable amount of engineering personnel. Therefore, in 1946, began training engineers.
In order to attract to study foremost agriculture and those who have completed secondary agricultural education institutions working in the specialty are unable to offer training on day departments of universities, since 1950, the institute has begun training on the job in the correspondence department.
Rapid introduction of the above-mentioned progressive forms of management allowed in 1966 to convert the economic department of Agronomy Faculty of Economics Faculty of independent agriculture. Since 1978 at the same faculty trains specialists in accounting and business analysis for agricultural enterprises. Organization of large livestock farms livestock transfer on an industrial basis, the creation of specialized farms for the production of meat, milk, eggs identified a significant need in the veterinary doctors. Therefore, in 1963 the institute is preparing qualified veterinarians.
For the purposes of training and retraining of managers and specialists in agriculture in 1966 was formed faculty training.
Currently Tajik Agrarian University is a center of science and creativity. University graduates play an important role in the agricultural life of the country and successfully employed in the national economy.
More than 30 university graduates elected academicians and corresponding members of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan, All Union Academy of Agricultural Sciences named after Lenin, 12 heroes of labor, 300 candidate of science and etc. Hundreds of graduates was awarded the State Prize of the USSR and Tajikistan.
Now, the university studied 7851 students. During its existence, the Institute has trained more 45 thousand highly qualified specialists.
Currently, the university faculties are 9: agronomy, agribusiness, accounting and finance, zoo engineering, veterinary, economic, horticulture and agricultural biotechnology, agricultural mechanization, hydromeliorative prepared specialists in 26 specialties.
At the University are 53 departments, which fruitfully work more than 500 teachers. Among them 2 academician of Agricultural Academy of Republic of Tajikistan, 51 doctors and professors, 140 associate professors.